🔕 🔔

wet pastry dough

I think I added too much water to my pie crust. Will it turn out soggy? Should I parbake it?

asked by Marian Bull almost 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

What kind of pie are you making? Single or double? If it's a single crust, you could par bake it for 10 minutes or so. I wouldn't worry too much, though. You might need a little extra flour when rolling it out, but it should bake nicely. Much worse is a pie crust that doesn't have enough moisture.

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

A agree with Amanda's advice but you might to chill it first before rolling it out