How to make gravy in advance?

I'm having 17 people for Thanksgiving and don't dare to make gravy right before dinner (I'm spatchcocking the turkey). I've never made gravy before...

asked by Lilyfarmer about 6 years ago

This gravy isn't completely made ahead, but the roux and the stock are, so it comes together in 5 minutes with whatever turkey drippings you have. http://www.bonappetit.com...

You could also make the tasty drippings ahead by roasting the reserved backbone from spatchcocking, and/or some spare turkey wings or other parts.

spiffypaws

Soupcon's reply is what I've been working on for the last couple of hours! Makes turkey day so much easier. The only differences: I don't bother w/ the peppercorns-I add fresh pepper at the end, I use more celery, and some dry white wine.