🔕 🔔

What vegan goodies should I make for thanksgiving?

asked by mellietronx almost 5 years ago

Cook wild rice then sauté chopped onion, add sliced onions, then cranberries. Add the wild rice, toss everything together & you'll have a dish everyone will love. Another fave here is a warm salad:

The warm salad: peel the leaves off Brussels sprouts (it's easier if you cut off the stems) - the amount depends on the size of your crowd, say about 6 cups of leaves. Sauté them in a bit of oil in a frying pan quickly just until they turn bright green. Add about 1/2 c (or more) pecan halves, the finely grated rind of 1 lemon & a handful of dried cranberries. Toss & serve.
N.B. I. Meant to say DRIED cranberries in the wild rice recipe too. And I forgot the sliced almonds in that one. You can sub raisins for crans in it, too.
Hope these help.

Just reread my wild rice recipe. Oops I said onions twice. The second should have been mushrooms.