🔕 🔔

Defrosting a duck ah!

Ok so i've had my duck in the fridge for a little over 24 hours which was supposed to defrost it (its 5.37 lbs) and i just took it out of the packaging and there are ice crystals on the inside, so its still kinda frozen right!?! but youre supposed to defrost it in the packaging in a bowl of water or in the fridge. so what should I do? its sitting on my cutting board waiting to be defrosted and deboned but i dont know eek. please help.

asked by Jassy about 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Here's our advice for turkey, and it will work for duck too! Soak the bird in cold (never hot!) water, changing the water every 30 minutes. It should take about 30 minutes per pound. Then, cook it immediately.