Olivia Bloom

Hi there! When the breast feels fully pliable/flexible it's defrosted—when you press into the breast it should feel soft and you shouldn't come up anything solid parts (unless you're talking bone). Change the water out frequently while you defrost—once it gets really, really chilly, replace with new cold water.

Michael Ruhlman
Michael Ruhlman

Michael is a food critic and established cookbook author -- Ruhlman's Twenty and Egg: A Culinary Exploration are the most recent additions to his vast body of work.

and I'd take it out of the bag.

Michele

I have done this a few times, warm slowly and it will be fine.