🔕 🔔

7b3a82a3 79be 44de 839d 6211197e7fa6  img 3953

Hi there! When the breast feels fully pliable/flexible it's defrosted—when you press into the breast it should feel soft and you shouldn't come up anything solid parts (unless you're talking bone). Change the water out frequently while you defrost—once it gets really, really chilly, replace with new cold water.

C96a7ca4 226e 40d7 93f8 a8f7ca892ea3  stringio
Michael Ruhlman

Michael is a food critic and established cookbook author -- Ruhlman's Twenty and Egg: A Culinary Exploration are the most recent additions to his vast body of work.

and I'd take it out of the bag.

I have done this a few times, warm slowly and it will be fine.