Looking for a great App about DSLR Cameras (Yes, I know this is not about cooking, but many here are great photographers with great cameras.)

I noticed that the publisher of the FOOD52 iPad App has one, which I'm thinking about giving a try, but I'd love to know what else is out there, and what you all recommend. Thanks so much! ;o)

Rupal P
Rupal P December 5, 2012

Curious about your meaning regarding a DSLR app - e.g. an app to find DSLR cameras or on suggestions on how to use it? Nikon makes a nice app on using its cameras and has suggestions on how to create different photo effects. I have a Nikon D90 camera and love it. My lens of choice for it (and for photographic food I have at restaurants) is the Nikon fixed focus F1.2 50mm lens. Very nice for close-up photographs.

AntoniaJames December 5, 2012

Thanks, RP! I'm looking for apps that show how to use your DSLR camera. ;o)

Rupal P
Rupal P December 5, 2012

Yes, then the Nikon app is very good. It is called Nikon Learn and Explore - has nice explanations and links to its website. Also, this isn't an app, but Kenrockwell.com is also an excellent website on DSLR cameras. He specializes in Nikons but gives good advice on a lot of aspects of photography.

QueenSashy December 5, 2012

It is not really an app, but there are a lot of good videos on YouTube for both Canon and Nikon models. Also dpreview.com is a great place for a good overview of camera functions and unbiased reviews.