Recommendations for useful cooking and food related apps?

There seems to be a plethora of food related apps although not many useful ones. I'm looking for anything food, cooking or dining related.

asked by Summer of Eggplant over 6 years ago

MotherWouldKnow

Check the transcript for yesterday's Kojo Namdi show - Michael Ruhlman, Dorie Greenspan and Monica Bhide talked about apps. Good stuff. http://thekojonnamdishow...

rldougherty

I really like the Epicurious app. It is really nice to have a recipe pulled up on my smartphone rather than dragging my laptop in the kitchen. It also has a great feature that allows you to make a grocery list from recipes you select.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I like the Epicurious app as well as the Easy Recipes app from Pocket Cocktails Inc.

meganvt01

Cook's illustrated has a good app. Taste Book is a good compilation as well.