🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Bacon and Date Scones

De193468 4ee3 4295 bdcb a63ad2c1cf52  img 4160

I have a question about the recipe "Bacon and Date Scones" from sugarmountaintreats. Step two says to whisk until fluffy, but only dry ingredients have been added so far. Is something missing?

asked by George Bixby about 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I don't think anything is missing -- I think what sugarmountaintreats meant by "fluffy" is simply that the dry ingredients have been lightened and aerated by whisking them. (This, by the way, is a common "cheat" for sifting -- if you don't have a sifter, you can just whisk the dry ingredients). Hope the rest goes well!

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. In case you haven't already guessed, I'm not much of a baker. The scones are in the oven now!

7398fd5b b572 4a30 b7b7 22d5eb08b2a5  bonsai 2

George Bixby, how did you like the scones? Are they on the "salty" side?

I love this recipe—it's a great mix of savory and sweet. I didn't find them too salty at all, I actually added slightly more bacon and dates than called for, the second time I made these.

Mmm... That sounds very interesting! I was just afraid that, although the scones have bacon, they would be sweet--which I somehow find a bit strange. Thanks for your answer!