Step two says to whisk until fluffy, but only dry ingredients have been added so far. Is something missing?

Bacon and Date Scones
Recipe question for: Bacon and Date Scones

George B. September 1, 2013
I love this recipe—it's a great mix of savory and sweet. I didn't find them too salty at all, I actually added slightly more bacon and dates than called for, the second time I made these.

MrsK September 1, 2013
Mmm... That sounds very interesting! I was just afraid that, although the scones have bacon, they would be sweet--which I somehow find a bit strange. Thanks for your answer!

George B. December 8, 2012
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. In case you haven't already guessed, I'm not much of a baker. The scones are in the oven now!

MrsK August 30, 2013
George Bixby, how did you like the scones? Are they on the "salty" side?

Amanda H. December 8, 2012
I don't think anything is missing -- I think what sugarmountaintreats meant by "fluffy" is simply that the dry ingredients have been lightened and aerated by whisking them. (This, by the way, is a common "cheat" for sifting -- if you don't have a sifter, you can just whisk the dry ingredients). Hope the rest goes well!