🔕 🔔

When making bread, what do I do with the liquid from a soaker?

I am making stollen tomorrow. Tonight, I started the soaker, which is slivered almonds, dried cranberries, golden raisins, and mixed citrus peel. I covered it in a mixture of equal parts water and rum. When I make the bread tomorrow, I am supposed to drain the soaker and discard the remaining liquid, right? I haven't done this in a while. Thanks everyone!

asked by minibakersupreme almost 5 years ago

You can certainly discard it, but how nice would it be to keep in in a jar in the refrigerator, and either warm and re-use it the next time you make the same soaker, or even macerate some fruit with which to top a bowl of yogurt.