🔕 🔔

Turkey... Brine or not?

asked by kingdomofjosh over 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Brine. But make sure you allow for the turkey, post-brining, to sit uncovered in your fridge for at least 8 hours. This will dry out the skin so when it roasts, the skin will get super crisp. Have fun!

C1925f5b 917a 4e62 8c98 8ff7031b0b36  food54 profile pic

I usually brine and air dry, with great results. But I saw Amanda speak in SF a few weeks ago and she mentioned the virtues of dry brining, so I looked it up and am giving it a try. Just put my turkey in the fridge with a dry rub of salt, rosemary, thyme, lemon zest where it will sit for 3 days. I hope it works because it seems WAY easier than wet brine... For more info: http://tinyurl.com/yaakbsc...

Thank You Amanda & Tzarem. Dry Brine it is, and of couse time at the end to rest.