🔕 🔔

How would baking time need to be adjusted if baking a gluten free cake in an angel food cake pan versus 9" round?

asked by Jenn675 over 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

It may bake more quickly since heat will be travelling up the center of the pan -- I'd check with a cake tester early.

I'm with Kristen. Whatever the bake time is for the conventional cake, set a timer for 15 minutes less, then begin testing it for doneness by judging color and tapping the surface. If you have a thermometer, the cake should read 185 degrees at its center when done. Add baking time in 5-minute increments until your cake is done. To cool it, turn the tube pan upside down over a wine bottle.