🔕 🔔

Flavoring mayonnaise for lobster

I love the use of reduced lobster stock in this simple recipe: http://nyti.ms/REWmuE. What would you consider using to flavor the mayonnaise if you didn't want to serve it plain? There are no other major flavors to consider. Not too spicy - my good friends are older and don't want to risk giving anyone indigestion. Thanks

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Maybe a little fresh tarragon?

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I agree with cookbookchick, I add lemon zest and tarragon often to flavor the mayo.

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I like fresh basil in mayo and would use the lemon juice rather than the vinegar in your recipe.

E6f5e079 1551 4472 bc70 dcc35a71edc2  110

Lobster is so neutral that I think you could use any fresh herb or a combination. Just taste as you go. My own choice of herbs would depend on what I had in mind for the sides.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

Saffron works for me with lobster.

Pierino, would that be saffron in the mayo or in the bouillon? Also Happy Holidays.

You could do it either way. Saffron disolved in bouillon brings out a nice color. But it's fine in the mayo if you are making it from scratch. I don't know all the details of the recipe so.... And yes, happy holidays back to you as well.

Double ditto.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

IMHO..Lobster is best served with clarified butter.
If you're steaming it...add a 1/2 tsp of vanilla to the steaming water as a back note for the lobster. I know this doesn't answer your question---But I like classic lobster.

If you have a few little dipping bowls (Japaneese style like you'd get at tempanyaki place). You could both..or three. A ginger, mustard, soy sauce; a Flavored mayo; and clarified butter.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Use whatever you like (above) in the mayo. If you want it to have a pink-rosey color like the lobster shells, add in a bit of carrot juice !

Thanks, everyone, for all the good ideas. I like the idea of offering some options!