🔕 🔔

Magic Pickle! I am baking tomorrow - if I make pumpkin pie and turn the AC down can it stay out over night or do I need to find room in the fridge?

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Yes, it'll be fine. When cool, just set it in a cooler part of the house. Happy Turkey Day, y'all!

70a78f0d 8ab1 412b ba57 b21f44c4df97  face of world food

ABSOLUTELY! Enjoy your pie!

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

Not so sound alarmist (and I would feel safe leaving it out), but ... a custard-type pie like pumpkin should be refrigerated for longer (over 4 hours) storage. But, if you aren't feeding about people with compromised immune systems (older folks, young kids, etc.) *and* you are keeping a scrupulously clean kitchen (as I'm sure you do) you should be fine. My worry is always cross contamination: a few stray drops of raw turkey "juice" (ew) and you've inoculated your pie with nasties. Sorry for being so cheerful. :-)