🔕 🔔

How far in advance can you make cinnamon buns, from scratch, without cooking them?

asked by Madame Sel over 5 years ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

Amanda says, "You can make the dough the day before and keep it in the fridge for the first proof. The next morning -- shape the dough and let it do the second rise before baking."

I've done the shaped/second rising in the fridge overnight, too, and ended up with the most wonderful buns.

At work, I routinely make several "logs" which I wrap and freeze, then pull them to the refrigerator to thaw, cut them up and bake them the morning they are served. So go ahead and take your dough through its first rise, then roll it out, fill it, and roll it up. At that point, wrap it securely in plastic, and store it in the refrigerator until the morning you want to serve them.

Cynthia, about the logs you make: you let the dough rise, then roll out and fill, then roll up and wrap tightly and freeze? And how long will the logs keep in the freezer? Thank you! ;o)