🔕 🔔

Drunken figs

I'm finished with the recipe but was surprised that the figs have a crunch to them from the seeds. I thought the seeds would soften during the soaking and cooking process but this didn't happen. Are the seeds supposed to be crunchy? I don't know if I should serve this dish.

asked by Mkbalboni over 4 years ago

All my mum's fig jam has crunchy seeds and she boils the heck out of it, so did the commercial fig preserves I was given for Christmas. I'm thinking it might be the breed of fig. There's no reason not to serve it though unless it's unpleasantly tough.