A question about a recipe: Ann Seranne's Rib Roast of Beef

875786c1 6fea 4948 9c7d 5a1c0fe97483  food52 12 13 11 2956

I have a question about the recipe "Ann Seranne's Rib Roast of Beef" from Genius Recipes. Can I use this recipe for a one rib prime roast... the recipe says 2 to 4.

asked by Cmgrauer almost 6 years ago

I'll repost my answer here, just in case you didn't see it on the recipe thread: You could try it, reducing the cook time proportionally (see the chart above), but I'd strongly recommend a probe thermometer to keep track of the temperature (they're cheap!).

irinaleibo

You definitely need a probe thermometer. I made a one rib roast for Christmas Eve. Also important to take it out and let it rest before it gets to internal temp that you want.
Cheers
irina

ellenl

Yes, it works just fine.