🔕 🔔

Usage of beignet dough

Any ideas for a usage of beiget dough which is NOT FLYING in oil but BAKING method? My husband made tons of beignets yesterday and yet we could not use up all the dough. He didn't make it with yeast, but with baking powder and beer and egg white, the dough is rather liquid. Help!

asked by Tokyo bakephile over 4 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Could you try baking some of it in a (buttered) cake or muffin pan?

Thank you for a suggestion. Actually I tried. I added 2 egg yorks, 1/3 cup of sugar(because it didn't contain both) and 1 tsp of orange flower water, mixed, and baked around 1 hour in a buttered tube-cake pan. The result is better than expected. It is something quite eccentric, very crispy outside, chewy and clafoutis-like inside, scarcely spongy, but comfortable to bite. Not bad at all. I will eat it tomorrow morning as a breakfast.

Great! That sounds really good right now.