A question about a recipe: Avocado Chocolate Mousse

I have a question about the recipe "Avocado Chocolate Mousse" from zindc. Can you make one day ahead of time or do the avocados spoil?

5ab5823f 0904 44fa a442 09fcd9656a94  food52 07 03 12 6940
Recipe question for: Avocado Chocolate Mousse

1 Comment

Voted the Best Reply!

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings January 7, 2013

Made this last night for a dinner party as a matter of fact. Not a single person guessed, much less believed, the "secret" ingredient. Added some cinnamon and cayenne, and served with chopped pistachios and Maldon sea salt. Once the avocados are blended in to the chocolate - they are fine. The color won't matter. Chilling them overnight and serving the next day is perfectly OK.

Ginny Alexander
Ginny Alexander May 7, 2016

What if I make lime mousse pie? Do I need to make it the day of? I think the lime helps stabilize it but I am not sure. What I was going to do is set the 4 seeds on top, cover with seran wrap, then remove the seeds before serving and fill to spots with non dairy ready whip? LOL. Will it be ok?