Quick Salad Challenge! Dinner invitation tonight, I have kale, red leaf lettuce, almonds, grape tomatoes, lemons, and I could go to store. Ideas?

I am thinking of massaging some kale (I have never done this before) and adding the rest. Make a lemon vinaigrette. Toast the almonds. Do I need to buy anything?

asked by Sadassa_Ulna over 5 years ago

Sounds delicious. Goat or feta cheese crumbled on top might be nice

Sadassa_Ulna

I also have bacon

susanm

agree with the goat cheese. now, you just need some sort of crouton...toast some bread in olive oil...better yet, toast cornbread!

Sadassa_Ulna

Great I will skip bacon but get cheese, THANK YOU!

mensaque

I love kale salad(raw).Slice it really thin on a mandolin(did i spell it right?),also add thin tomato and onion slices,salt,black pepper,olive oil and vinegar.Let it set for 30 min,to kind of cook the kale on the vinegar.More than that it will become kale soup.

mensaque

To slice the kale more easily roll the leaves like a cigar.

I'm loving the toasted bread crumb idea. Toss them in at the last minute so they stay crunchy.

Sadassa_Ulna

I like the toasted bread idea too! I am already bringing baguettes and I will suggest we toast some of it up. If I had time I would have done toasted cornbread, that sounds terrific.