A question about a recipe: Meyer Lemon Cheesecake with Biscoff Crust

0bc0eee9 f5df 4df4 bd2e 9f692159200f  food52 01 29 13 0785

I have a question about the recipe "Meyer Lemon Cheesecake with Biscoff Crust" from Lucy Mercer. Living abroad, now idea what a Biscoff cookie is, any idea of UK or Irish substitutes?

asked by JanieMac almost 6 years ago

Droplet

Janie, I believe they are actually European in origin, though I don't know about the trademark itself. Have you seen Lotus cookies/biscuits? They are oblong-ish (rectangualr with rounded edges) and the packaging is white with red. They are crispy and have a very pleasant cinnamon flavor, medium brown in color. I am sure you will be able to find them at any well stocked European market. Hope this helps.

Droplet

Here is the common packaging. Almost identical in design to the American, except it doesn't have the gold Biscoff writing on the front:

JanieMac

Oh yes, I know what they are like, a blond kind of belgian speculoos, brilliant and should be delicious with the lemon and sour cream. thanks so much

healthierkitchen

they are Speculoos!