2 leaves gelatine - what else can I use?

This recipe for pork pies calls for leaves of gelatin, http://www.bbc.co.uk/food... I'm not even sure where to get them, level on what they are. But I do have sachets.

How can I use little packets of gelatine instead of leaves? What quantity and how should the directions change?

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

You can substitute sheets of gelatin for powdered. The equivalency is:
4 sheets ~ .25 oz package of powdered gelatin

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Thank you. Looks like a good excuse to make a double recipe.

How do I adjust the directions to accommodate the powder? I'm obviously not going to be squeezing out the powder after it's been soaking. Do I need to change the soaking time or the amount of liquid?

Sprinkle the powdered gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water and let it stand for 5 mins. Then whisk it into the warm stock and proceed with the rest of the steps

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Thank you kindly. Can't wait to try these pies.