🔕 🔔

Crumpets - can I serve them at an outdoor buffet brunch and keep them fresh/warm/crisp?

asked by AmandaClaire over 4 years ago

I've never tried it, but frankly, I don't think you could get it to work. The problem is that in order to keep anything warm when it's out at a buffet, it needs to be covered. But covering the dish of crumpets over heat will inevitably produce steam, which will make them soggy. So alas, I don't think it will work. But you can always try it yourself, doing a dry run in advance of the party, to see if there's any way to make it work. But as I said, I sure can't think of one. ;o)