I've had a block of velveeta cheese in my fridge for a long time, it was free when I bought a meal deal. What can I do with it to use it?

asked by Martin69 almost 8 years ago

bexcahlik

cheese dip? Microwave the Velveeta with a can of Ro-tel...this is pretty much the only way I use Velveeta.

TiggyBee

The only thing I can think of, off the top of my head would be for a creamy baked mac & cheese. The velveeta will help keep things nice and creamy, rather than too dry.

Philly cheese steaks. Shave up some rib eye, slap it in a bun "wit" some onions and melted Velveeta.

I think we should make a preemptive strike on Philadelphia before they develop a real nuclear weapon.

campagnes

My roommate makes mac and cheese with Velveeta, butter, and a little pasta water. The pasta water is key; for some reason, it doesn't taste right without it.

I second the Velveeta/Rotel dip suggestion. You could also throw 1/2 pound of cooked sausage in there. Good.

There's also broccoli casserole, which happens to be a good Thanksgiving side: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe... Full of fake stuff and definitely not healthy, but somehow, it works.

Velveeta makes a really great gooey grilled cheese sangwidge.