🔕 🔔

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I have made a number of kinds of marshmallow topping for many kinds of cakes and cupcakes. If you want a stiffer marshmallow you can increase amount of gelatin or temperature of sugar.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I've made marshmallow buttercream for a s'mores cake that I think would work well. I literally just googled "marshmallow buttercream" and picked a recipe when I did it, and it worked fine.

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

When I want stiffer marshmallow, I just add more gelatin at the beginning with hot water to soften it. Then I add the hot sugar/eggwhite mixture and beat the daylights out of it.