Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I have made a number of kinds of marshmallow topping for many kinds of cakes and cupcakes. If you want a stiffer marshmallow you can increase amount of gelatin or temperature of sugar.

I've made marshmallow buttercream for a s'mores cake that I think would work well. I literally just googled "marshmallow buttercream" and picked a recipe when I did it, and it worked fine.

Hilarybee

When I want stiffer marshmallow, I just add more gelatin at the beginning with hot water to soften it. Then I add the hot sugar/eggwhite mixture and beat the daylights out of it.