🔕 🔔

Portlandia?

This actually is kind of food related. Anyone who gets IFC on their cable or dish service might want to tune in to the "Portlandia" marathon tomorrow evening (April 26). A lot of the episodes deal with dining experiences, as in "Is it local?" or the B&B where breakfast hours are from 8:00 to 8:30. I may have to stay up all night for this.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I love Portlandia and saw while watching IFC last night that they are doing a marathon. Will definitely watch and DVR, it's such a great show. I love both episodes you mentioned.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Oh no! Portlandia marathons are my kryptonite (along with Larry Sanders, but no food connection there.) Resistance is futile; it's impossible to watch just 1 or 2, even if you've seen them all before. I especially love the food/restaurant bits - so apt and funny. (Also, Aimee Mann as their cleaning lady. Too good.)

And then there was Steve Buscemi trying to use the bathroom at the feminist bookstore.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Downton Abbey and Portlandia.. WHY on earth did I give these a miss?? AAARGH!

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Also: we can pickle that!

Or else..."Put a bird on it."

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

The episode where they were going to meet the mayor for brunch! And the communal table dining experience! My husband cracks me up when he repeats the line...do you have a pic of him with his wing around one of his friends? " But what is scary funny is the real commercial for insurance that parodies the "is it local?" episode!

Brunch village! I was actually out of bed at 4:00 a.m. today watching the final episodes of the marathon. And then after that I actually lived through an episode of "Pasolandia". I went to a local coffee shop for a shot of espresso. The guy in front of me was wearing a wife beater with a tat as bad as Eddie Vedder with tambourines. He ordered some exotic coffee drink like a "triple grande half and half with palm sugar". He threw his change, 3 cents in the tip jar. 3 CENTS???? I asked the "baristess", "did that guy just tip you three cents?" I wanted to break his spine.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I have not seen too many episodes of Portlandia, but we do name all our chickens now.