Searching for Swedish vinegar called Attiksprit. Can no longer find a source in US.

0bc46cae 20cd 4d15 ac48 4b88be1871d5  photo

This spirit vinegar is 12% acidity. I need to resupply so I can pickle beets when they arrive at the market. Thanks.

asked by Patty over 5 years ago

I'd love a source of European-strength white vinegar too. If you don't find one, I've had success with a 1:1 ratio of vinegar:water in the US, replacing the 1:3 ratio in Swedish recipes.

Jenny Maria

Depending on the pct. In amarican vinegar I spild do as greenstuff and ajust the wather. I live in Denmark and use applevinegar for my berts

Ättiksprit appears to be essence of vinegar, and not a specific brand. You can find vinegar essence in some stores here and on the Web.