Does unopened dijon mustard go bad or does it have a pretty long shelf life? I have 2 large jars of it - 2 yrs old. Garbage?

asked by mrslarkin over 7 years ago

Does it have an expiration date on it? It could be ok--it's pretty acidic. I guess you could open one and look at it and smell it. And, you know, if in doubt...

TiggyBee

If it's unopened, I'm thinking it's good.

Kayb

I'm with TiggyBee on this. Should be fine.

Pat in SLO

it's fine...very acidic and nothing there to spoil

Thanks all! Mustard goes with turkey, right? ;-)

Most likely not spoiled but probably won't taste as good. Instead of eating it straight from the jar you might work on blending it into other preparations, say like a remoulade or spread it on chicken breasts (or rabbit) before sauteeing them in sizzling oil with onions. Calves liver anyone?