Baked a sweet potato pie this morning. Left it out to cool and forgot it for 6 hours. Refrigerated after that. Am I going to give my guests food poisoning?

asked by franniebee almost 8 years ago

Is it a custard pie?

franniebee

Yes, if you're asking if it has eggs and cream in it.

It would take at least 3 hours to fully cool and you would have had to wait until it was fully cooled before chilling it. I can't guarantee that it's safe, and you obviously need to use your own judgment, but if I did the same, I would serve it.

nutcakes

This is one of those possible but highly unlikely scenarios. I can't think of any bacteria in eggs or milk that survived baking.

betteirene

Been there, done that, nobody died. I'm sure you don't have a thing to worry about, but just in case, maybe you should sample a little sliver of it. : )

yep, i'd serve the pie too.