A question about a recipe: Orange Sugar Cookies

42a40564 d167 4b60 b768 f7d9cbdcb3d8  orange bowl

I have a question about the recipe "Orange Sugar Cookies" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. would these freeze well? i can't decide/tell

asked by Jestei about 5 years ago

Sugar cookies usually freeze well. Cool completely, then wrap in plastic wrap. I like to use wrapped cookies in a freezer safe container to ensure that they don;t get crushed by mistake

Jestei

thank you very much. i worried they would lose their chewiness.

I agree sugar cookies freeze well. I haven't made this specific recipe, but just generally with freezing cookies, muffins, etc. - a crunchy sugar topping doesn't usually hold up as well once defrosted (flavor is fine, but the crunch gets lost.)

Brette Warshaw

You could also make the dough, portion it into balls, and freeze the balls, and then bake them off when you want them!

I often have batons or logs, depending on diameter, of sugar cookie dough in the freezer. I thaw it overnight in the refrigerator, slice it into disks, and bake them fresh. They take up much less freezer space that way, and fresh cookies trump frozen any day. Then too, I've saved myself from feeling I need to eat several dozen all at once.