If I make a quiche and want to freeze it, should I bake it first, then freeze? Or freeze the pie crust w/ uncooked filling? Which is better?

asked by bonappetitfoodie almost 7 years ago

Smainiac

Bake it first! Then all you have to do is defrost & reheat for a delicious meal. My mother was the queen of serving pre-cooked and frozen quiches for dinner when I was growing up. Not sure how well uncooked eggs would fare in the freezer anyway.

I agree with smainiac. Bake first. Consider even cutting before freezing. It's much easier to reheat in cut portions than in the entirety. Heat passes through more efficiently, and you have much less risk of over-cooking on the reheat.

Smainiac

Cutting first - brilliant idea!

Have done it often with great results! Happy quiching!

I can't begin to count the number of baked quiches I've frozen successfully. And my mother for decades before me. Have at it! Bon Appétit!