🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sauerkraut Lentil Soup

I have a question about the recipe "Sauerkraut Lentil Soup" from AntoniaJames. How about a vegan version???

asked by maglife over 4 years ago

926ee962 060e 44e6 a1d9 878262f34bf8  image

Could try with tempeh and vegetable stock instead

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

I would just change the stock to veggie, up the chard and leave out the turkey. Lentils are pretty filling on their own!

Yes, leave out the turkey leg and use a vegetabl stock/broth. If you want a little bit of smokiness, add a few drops of liquid smoke or add a little smoked paprika.

I'd just leave the turkey leg out and add a small spoonful of doenjang (sort of like miso, but Korean and much deeper in flavor, and the kind I buy is less salty). And I might add some dried shitakes to the veggie broth. (I eat 18 vegan meals a week these days, so I've been adapting all of my recipes along these lines lately.) The sauerkraut is so full of flavor, you really don't need the meat. Oh, and I'd add a large bay leaf fairly early on. ;o)

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT SUGGESTIONS ;-)