🔕 🔔

Any ips for serving fresh burrata (made in Italy) other than a drizzle of very good olive oil?

Would love to know how food52ers enjoy the "breath of angels" -- I am quoting pierino here from an old Hotline post. :)

asked by cookinginvictoria over 4 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I recently had it with a sort of compote/pickle of rhubarb and strawberries -- delicious!

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I've been having a love affair with Nancy Silverton's Mozza Cookbook lately - cooking my way through it. Haven't gotten to this one yet, but the cover photo is a burrata recipe that looks luscious (served with slow roast cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of pesto.) Found it online: http://www.delish.com/recipefinder...

This is how they serve it at Mozza, with giant crusty pieces of grilled bread. It is amazing?

oops, not sure what happened there....

I love burrata on top of an arugula salad with prosciutto. Maybe some crostini too. A little olive oil, good balsamic, flaky salt and fresh cracked pepper.