Any ips for serving fresh burrata (made in Italy) other than a drizzle of very good olive oil?

Would love to know how food52ers enjoy the "breath of angels" -- I am quoting pierino here from an old Hotline post. :)

asked by cookinginvictoria about 5 years ago

Bevi

A favorite restaurant serves with fresh tomatoes and lettuce, with good olive oil, balsamic glaze, and cracked pepper.

MTMitchell

I was at a restaurant the other night that served it with grilled bread, good olive oil, and a side of pickled cauliflower and carrots. Sounds gross -- was yummy (and I'm sure it wasn't the traditional way to serve it -- I didn't say it was proper. I said it was good).

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Could be great on grilled flatbread with a little prosciutto, tomato, whatever you like...

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I ordered this the other day at my favorite Italian restaurant in San Francisco and they served fresh burrata on a bed of micro greens and diced heirloom tomatoes with drizzled olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Delicious!

jeinde

I bought this for the first time at a really good Philadelphia cheese shop and they recommended serving with truffle oil (which cost more than the cheese). But is was absolutely delicious.

Bill F

Lavender honey.

cookbookchick

Amanda's recipe -- http://food52.com/recipes... -- has become the only way we eat cherry tomatoes. Roasting changes even average cherry tomatoes from ordinary to sublime. Now that burrata is more widely available, I top it with the roasted tomatoes, including some of the oil and roasted garlic cloves from the roasting pan, and some chopped or shredded fresh basil. Delicious!

When using burrata a minimalist approach---please don't cook it! A simple mix of field greens such as arugula or alternatively some radicchio treviso. Really good olive oil. Don't take my breath away.

Lauren2000

I've made it on crostini with sliced fresh fig.

ATG117

roasted peaches, drizzle of olive oil and good balsamic, maybe some basil