🔕 🔔

Any ips for serving fresh burrata (made in Italy) other than a drizzle of very good olive oil?

Would love to know how food52ers enjoy the "breath of angels" -- I am quoting pierino here from an old Hotline post. :)

asked by cookinginvictoria over 4 years ago

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

A favorite restaurant serves with fresh tomatoes and lettuce, with good olive oil, balsamic glaze, and cracked pepper.

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

I was at a restaurant the other night that served it with grilled bread, good olive oil, and a side of pickled cauliflower and carrots. Sounds gross -- was yummy (and I'm sure it wasn't the traditional way to serve it -- I didn't say it was proper. I said it was good).

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Could be great on grilled flatbread with a little prosciutto, tomato, whatever you like...

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I ordered this the other day at my favorite Italian restaurant in San Francisco and they served fresh burrata on a bed of micro greens and diced heirloom tomatoes with drizzled olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Delicious!

0022585b ac31 476f 99fb ddea69bdece6  fb avatar

I bought this for the first time at a really good Philadelphia cheese shop and they recommended serving with truffle oil (which cost more than the cheese). But is was absolutely delicious.

Lavender honey.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Amanda's recipe -- http://food52.com/recipes... -- has become the only way we eat cherry tomatoes. Roasting changes even average cherry tomatoes from ordinary to sublime. Now that burrata is more widely available, I top it with the roasted tomatoes, including some of the oil and roasted garlic cloves from the roasting pan, and some chopped or shredded fresh basil. Delicious!

When using burrata a minimalist approach---please don't cook it! A simple mix of field greens such as arugula or alternatively some radicchio treviso. Really good olive oil. Don't take my breath away.

I've made it on crostini with sliced fresh fig.

roasted peaches, drizzle of olive oil and good balsamic, maybe some basil