🔕 🔔

How to make Khoresh Sabzi without meat?

I love khoresh sabzi, but sometimes I want to make it vegetarian. I've had veg versions that have been great. Any tips for a meatles khoresh sabzi?

asked by Rivka over 4 years ago

35fa5ae6 e8a4 4aaf 9728 3527d39eca40  scarf

Hey Rivka! In my book, I have a recipe for khoresh sabzi, aka ghormeh sabzi, aka green herb and kidney bean stew. I use tofu that's been frozen, then thawed and baked, to give it a meaty, toothsome texture, and it works really well. If you don't want to bother with all that, I would just make it as is, the kidney beans are a great protein, and then top it with fried/caramelized onions. There's so much flavor in the dish, I think it's a great one to make without meat.

4d625ded d965 42c7 b1ee ec9d7dc7fb4e  profilepic

Thanks Louisa! Great to know. I'll check it out.

D1955838 dcaa 46e1 8765 0f59ee183327  portrait2

Loving your work in preserving and celebrating your heritage and your food. Fantastic. Thanks.

Thank you krusher, that is so kind!