🔕 🔔

Hi, all! Looking for a food pairing for a party.

39e0e328 f137 4f4f afbd 121841e82933  125 78 grilled pork loin with jezebel 250

We're having a shower on Saturday and serving pork tenderloin with Jezebel Sauce (from Saveur). I also wanted to do a cold poached salmon, but am wondering what you think about serving the pork, which has a sweet-hot sauce, with a salmon that will probably have a mustard dill sauce.

Should I try to pick a salmon recipe that will complement the pork...perhaps with an Asian flair...or do you think I can do the salmon as mentioned above?

The sides are fairly average...a pasta salad, a green salad, a fruit salad. (Unfortunately I had to accept the input of the other hostesses instead of forcing my own food tastes on everyone to ensure a menu that goes well together...such are showers sometimes.)

Anyway, let me know what you think. I trust this group implicitly!

asked by met0813 over 4 years ago

Totally agree. Since you're not planning the whole menu yourself and since you'll have a mix of foods anyway, you might as well go with whatever your heart desires.

75b05b31 698c 41b7 b7b0 3ef872203893  self portrait

Yay to both of you for making me feel like we're not going to have an unappealing melange of flavors.

C'mon to Dallas and join us at the ahower. :)

B58a94bf b846 459b 8454 591576db54ff  image

I just did poached salmon with cold cucumber sauce (epicurious, jasper white) as part of a potluck. It was a refreshing dish compared to some of the more savory selections. It was devoured.

Oops, Judy, missed your post before I sent my thanks. You're invited too!!