Cognac substitution for a pan sauce for steak.

The recipe calls for an ounce, I am out. I have red wine, rum, marsala and sherry.

asked by Summer of Eggplant almost 5 years ago

I would go with the red wine, marsala or sherry -- they'd all work

I think Summer of Eggplant has it: red wine, marsala or sherry. (Not the rum.)

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Red wine!

JanetFL

I would go with red wine also!

I will dissent slightly and say sherry. But what I keep around are those mini bottles of cognac etc. I rarely drink the stuff anymore so I don't need to keep a 750ml bottle around. But the mini's fit well in my pantry space.

dymnyno

I would also go with the sherry if it's a good sherry, not too sweet.

I would also go with the sherry if it's a dry one.