All summer I tried to find Farro in Maine--no luck and no luck on the web. Any suggestions as to a good source in the NYC area and online that I couldn't find?

asked by Veronica almost 8 years ago

healthierkitchen

The brand I find all over near me in suburban DC is Rustichella d'Abruzzo. Maybe if you google that? Whole Foods and Balducci's have it here and they are also in NY. In NY, also any good Italian market should carry it. I'm pretty sure I saw it come up in the shop here on food52, but I can't seem to find it now. Good luck!

jidorman

Fairway or Citarella should have it. (Says Merrill.)

healthierkitchen

found it - "Farro Pearls" from le Sanctuaire, in the shop here.

monkeymom

I got farro piccolo from Anson Mills and it was really great. Nice texture to the grains and very tasty. Expensive though.

Dean & DeLuca at Prince and Spring.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

http://www.livingtreecommunity...
had delicious quinoa at a friend's house that she purchases there, so i think their farro will be good, too