🔕 🔔

I have a ton of leftover fresh quince! What can I do with it?

asked by XXX-XXX-3984 about 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Peel and cube it and cook it down to jam. 3 parts sugar to 4 parts quince.

F5dda57a 3895 4bcd 9a7b 0ef632e91561  swimming with the dolphins

Here's a fun one especially for Thanksgiving...Peel, core, cube, along with equal pieces of sweet potatoes , potatoes, parsnips, yams and other root vegetables ( can include celery root also). Drizzle all with olive oil and bake in 350 degree oven until all are soft and quince has turned pinkish and becomes like a baked apple. Another alternative is to add cooked down ( smaller cubes than above) quince to create a twist on standardized stuffing mix . It becomes kind of like stuffing made with apples.

See my current submission for roasted vegetables and quince by clicking on my name and looking at submission for best alternative vegetarian side dish for Thanksgiving

6248e80d 3866 46a0 a435 5b8c28e10e4b  roasted roots and quince

I've done a yummy lamb and quince stew.