What can I do with fresh persimmons? We used them as table decor but I don't want them to go to waste!

Let them ripen, and then slice and eat them -- delicious! Are they the short, squat ones or are they rounder like a tomato? If the former, they will still be firm when ripe; if the latter, they need to be fully soft.

TheWimpyVegetarian

If they're the short squat ones, an easy thing to do is to slice it up and put into a salad. That's how I used one today along with a pear, arugula and some ricotta salata and pepitas.

OpEdible

I love to use them for a fall salad: shave Fuyu persimmons (Squat, apple shaped) on little gems or arugula with pomegranate seeds and goat cheese. Make a simple vinaigrette to dress lightly. Delicious!

I eat fuyus out of hand, just like an apple, without the core. Love them!! ;o)

micki barzilay

Persimmon Pudding !!!! Blend ripe persimmon's .... Make a simple milk & egg custard ...once it has thickened and starts to cool... add blended persimmon's. Refrigerate and top with whipping cream.

beyondcelery

Bake them into a quick bread! Dice them up and follow your favorite recipe for cranberry bread, substituting the persimmon pieces for fresh cranberries. I like it best with the addition of allspice and ground ginger.