weight for the ginger

• Posted by: ejm
  • July 21, 2013

ejm July 21, 2013
thanks guys, also for the new resource. sorry for my brevity, typing one handed with a broken wrist these days - the ginger ale will be a nice treat!

Voted the Best Reply!

Trena H. July 21, 2013
Hi ejm - while inpatskitchen is definitely the expert here, I just made this recipe for the first time yesterday and wanted to let you know that it's very forgiving. I doubled the recipe and stacked the ginger slices generously twice into the 1/2 cup measuring tool. Also, I made sure the ginger was very fresh and snapped when I broke it off. You will not be disappointed. This is an easy and delicious recipe. Also, make sure to use really high quality vanilla, I was pleasantly surprised how much the vanilla flavor came through. I make my own and it paid off in this recipe.

inpatskitchen July 21, 2013
Definitely agree with Trena! A little extra ginger is no problem and good quality vanilla is essential!

inpatskitchen July 21, 2013
Hi ejm! I've never weighed the ginger in this but according to a UK site I found I think the half cup of ginger would weigh about 2 ounces or 50 grams. Here's the link
http://www.cookipedia.co.uk/recipes_wiki/Ginger#How_much_does_one_cup_of_ginger_weigh.3F