Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

How do I grill whole porgy?

I have 4 whole porgy fish, about .5 -.8 lb each, defrosting in the fridge. I plan to grill them tomorrow, on a gas grill. Please share techniques, recipes.

asked by Randi over 3 years ago
53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I am so envious! I love porgy and when I can get them I like to marinate them in olive oil, lemon, garlic and oregano for about 45 minutes and them place them in a well oiled hinged grill basket. Grill over medium high heat, flipping the basket after about 5 minutes. Shouldn't take much more time than 10 minutes to grill. Lucky you!!

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

If you do not have a grilling basket, season and oil the outsides and wrap in chicken wire (from any hardware store or lumberyard for a couple bucks). Easy to handle, easy to turn, easy to eat.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.