🔕 🔔

Freezing lemon bars

I want to make a recipe that is essentially lemon bars (it's from the Smitten Kitchen and just adds in some raspberry puree to make them Pink Lemonade Bars). Any reason I can't freeze the final, baked product? I want to use up my raspberries before they go bad, but there is no way I can eat an entire 8x8 dessert before it, too, goes bad.

asked by WannabeBaker almost 4 years ago

Freezing should be just fine! I would either wrap entire block in a few layers or plastic wrap, or cut individual bars, wrap, then seal again in freezer bag for extra protection. Good for 6 months or so!

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Freeze away! Maybe even try them frozen--I bet they'd be a great cold dessert for a hot day.

Why don't use just freeze the berries then use when ready to bake bars fresh? I freeze berries whenever in season. Spread evenly on cookie so sheet lined with parchment paper, the berries freeze separately, not in clumps.