How can I adjust a recipe that calls for a frozen pie shell?

The recipe is a tomato and cheese pie, it calls fora frozen pie shell. I have a refrigerated pie shell.
The shell is not pre cooked before filling.

How can I adjust cooking time?

Thanks!

Michelle

asked by Michelle church over 5 years ago

Meaghan F

I don't think there would be too much of a difference, honestly, especially if all you're doing is melting together the tomato/cheese mixture during baking... Maybe use a glass dish, if you have one, so you can peek at the bottom as it browns?

ATG117

I would first blind bake the pie shell, then add the filling, and finally bake until the filling and crust looked ready--for which, you can us the recipe suggested baking time as a loose guide.

My "yes clicker" is not working, so I'll chime in to say I would also blind bake the pie shell.