Wedding Cake Cookbooks

My sister asked me to make her wedding cake and I am beginning to start my research. Although I have catered several events before I have never made a wedding cake. I have mastered Swiss buttercream frosting and the lemon curd but I am a little nervous to make a tiered cake. Sure I've made plenty of 8 or 9 inch cakes, but throw in a 12, 10, and 8 cake, I'm lost on the ingredients and the cook times! Is there a layer cake cookbook or blog that features how to make a wedding cake you would recommend?

asked by The Fiery Epicurean over 5 years ago

The Fiery Epicurean

Thank you!

You are most welcome.

nutcakes

Worthwhile viewing
http://video.pbs.org/video/2256323642/

Brooke Wilson

Rose's Heavenly Cakes! I just made my first wedding cake from a recipe in this book and it turned out splendidly!

Mi Budare

There is a website called craftsy.com. They have a lot of online classes for many kinds of cake decorations. The classes are expensive, but worth it. They also have a couple of free classes that are definitely worth checking out.