🔕 🔔

Hi! I want to make a guinness choclate cheescake with a fluffly type frosting that won't melt or lose form. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

asked by Nadine McLean about 4 years ago

5931bcf1 b22d 41db bdb0 e856dde60d58  image

I have never heard of a frosting on a cheesecake but I would try a stabilized whipped cream icing. Food52 has one. You can also google this. Some recipes have cornstarch or gelatin.

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Whip heavy cream with a little sugar and vanilla to soft peaks. Bloom some gelatin (1/2 sheet per cup of cream or so), squeeze out the excess water, and dissolve it in a saucepan with a little water (for 1/2 sheet, use 1 1/2 teaspoons water). When the melted gelatin is hot, add it to the cream, with the mixer running, in a thin stream. Whip to stiff peaks. This should hold up well. I wouldn't recommend frosting simply because it would be too sweet.