🔕 🔔

Substitute for Chocolate Stout in the Short Rib Chili Recipe? I can't have beer because of celiac disease

Will the omission of the stout result in less flavor or will it be okay without it?

asked by Anita about 4 years ago

I also cannot have beer, so when I see it in a recipe I sub out wine or stock. Beef stock might be a good sub in this case. The recipe won't raste the same, but you do need the equivalent amount of liquid, and the stock will add good flavor. (or a combo of red wine and stock).

Bf96bf47 5ee7 4a32 88e4 fcea6e691f00  img 7201

An equal amount of cold coffee and a teaspoon or more of unsweetened cocoa powder.

Thanks y'all!!!