🔕 🔔

storing produce

I went to the farmers market this morning and picked up a bunch of stuff that I won't have the opportunity to use until the end of the week. What's the best way to store: carrots, scallions, fennel, eggplant, and already very ripe tomatoes?

asked by ATG117 over 4 years ago

Put the scallions in a glass of water in the refrigerator. Would be a shame to chill those tomatoes, but if you have too...

Carrots keep fine in the crisper drawer. Store eggplants room temperature away from direct sunlight.

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Depending on how you plan to use the tomatoes, you can always freeze them whole, which makes it easy to remove their skin once thawed. I've done that when in a similar situation.