Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

New Orleans restaurant for a large exuberant group?

I am going to New Orleans for Jazzfest in April and am in search of a fairly casual restaurant with a good scene and great food for a fun group of 12. Any suggestions?

asked by Tony S over 3 years ago

Take'em to Commanders Palace.. It's AWESOME! They'll be astounded. Promise.

Mandina's (less expensive than Commander's Palace)
www.mandinasrestaurant...

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Deanie's Seafood if you are in the Quarter - great food, cold beer, clean bathrooms!
New Orleans is used to exhuberant so I wouldn't worry toooo much about that

Cochon is amazing
Skip Acme Oyster bar - go across the street to Felix's instead for raw and chargrilled oysters - or Draco for even better char grills, if you can get in

The food at the festival is AMAZING though, honestly when we go we do all of our eating there. Do NOT miss the crawfish sacks, Crawfish Monica, oyster patties, macque choux, oh well I guess try it all is the better rule ...

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.