🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Yellow Mole with Chicken and Masa Dumplings

0894690b 3727 4824 87ae 2b6928acf26e  33 yellowmole 0025crop

I have a question about the recipe "Yellow Mole with Chicken and Masa Dumplings" from Pati Jinich. Processing whole clove with the liquid sounds iffy -- can you tell me if I can sub in already ground clove and if so, how much?

asked by mstew almost 4 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

The conversion rate is 1/4 tsp ground cloves for 3 whole cloves, so I'd use a generous 1/8 tsp ground cloves. You could also try sending the recipe author a direct message to ask their opinion. Just click the little envelope button on their profile page (http://food52.com/users...).